Weyakin Designs, Visual Creation by Victoria Chapman

Sunday, January 31, 2010

FREE Ways to Help Charitable Causes

I'm so pleased to see how well the Hearts for Haiti Etsy shop is doing! The Etsy community has already raised over $20,000 for Doctors Without Borders' Haiti relief fund. My heart-shaped herbal heat pack went quickly to a generous overseas buyer. I'm so glad I was able to be part of this wonderful cause.

On the topic of generosity and helpful charities, I wanted to share with you a few ways you can help other causes for FREE every single day. There are several charitable donation sites out there that receive donations based on clicks from users. The money comes from the sponsors who advertise on those pages. It is a great fast, free way to do something positive. Here is a list of some great sites that do great things to help the environment, children, women and people of all kinds:

TheRainforestSite.com
TheAnimalRescueSite.com
TheBreastCancerSite.com
TheHungerSite.com
TheChildHealthSite.com
TheLiteracySite.com
EcologyFund.com
RedJellyfish.com
Care2.org

Do you know of other great ways to help great causes? Comment here with your links!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post! These sites actually do work- my parent's hometown humane society won the $100,000 grand prize from the animal rescue site a few years ago because everyone in town cared and voted. We're all in this together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! It's so cool to see these causes taking action in real life.

    Every year for the holidays, I also order gifts from all of the Greater Good Network sites. I figure, if I'm going to spend the money on something, it may as well be for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete