Weyakin Designs, Visual Creation by Victoria Chapman

Thursday, February 4, 2010

When Life Gives you Lemons...

Image. Lemon.Times are tough in the current economic state of the world. I was seeing the effects, feeling them a little. But, I didn't truly feel how bad things are until I was laid off from my job a little over two weeks ago.

When you end up at home for long days by yourself, you begin to do a lot of soul searching. I've spent some time, looking into the options of where to go next. I think when people are forced into a situation like this, the first reaction involves panic, especially when it comes to financial concerns. But, often following the panic phase, there comes a quiet solitude of self-reflection and introspective pondering. You begin to wonder where you had been and where you will go and suddenly, the ideas and possibilities appear on the horizon. That horizon is the hope for something greater, something more fulfilling and something more meaningful.

I began my inner-search and soon after, stumbled upon this film. Lemonade is a short documentary by Erik Proulx, a former employee at large ad agencies. After he lost his job, he was inspired to create this film after talking to other people in the ad agency field who were let go from their jobs. I myself did not work specifically in advertising, but my job as a web designer has some similar trends among the ad agency folks. I found a lot of inspiration from this film. Whether you have been laid off or not, the message of Lemonade is inspiring for anyone who has ever considered doing something more with their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you lost your job. Hopefully this time can be spent to find something you like even more! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete