Vegan Coconut Spice Rice PuddingIngredients:
- 1 cup of dry brown rice, fully cooked (2 cups of water to 1 cup rice, usually cooks about 45 mins)
- 1 cup soymilk or ricemilk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 cup raisin (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions in a large pot. Usually it is 2 cups of water to 1 cup of brown rice, cooked for about 45 minutes.
- Add the soymilk, coconut milk and corn starch to the pot of cooked rice and stir well until corn starch is dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Continue stirring on medium heat until the mixture of hot and bubbly and thickens.
- Once thick, allow to cool for a few minutes and then you can enjoy it hot or refrigerate it to enjoy it cold! (I like it hot)